Sunday, November 02, 2008

Going Postal the Untold Story

Hostile Workplace

It’s about downsizing the workforce. It’s about forced early retirement. It’s about automation of the workplace. It’s about placing employees on a program to earn 40% of their current pay on Disability Retirement Income a net government cost savings of 60% less benefits. You become a target for wrongful removal!

The goal of Executive Order 12871 & National Partnership Counsel signed by President Bill Clinton is to reduce government cost i.e. we the workers.

To achieve the biggest bang for management bonuses, management tends to target higher paid senior postal workers!

Most employees don’t see the economic oppression in the form of foreclosures, bankruptcy, auto reposes, food stamps, public assistance, and homelessness coming until it’s done and they’re forced off the government payrolls.

Congratulations and welcome to my world you’re now an official victim of a hostile workplace and government misconduct!

Master Plan

I discovered that lighting does strike twice if you work at the post office.
My story is just one of hundreds across the country.
Pat Sheldon a former Postal employee with 27 years of service at BMC in Jersey City recently contacted me to share her heart wrenching story of how she too was placed on Emergency-Off-Duty-Status without pay for alleged misconduct.

There were three facts that interest me about Pat’s employment story first was the fact Pat had the same fast talking, pay upfront, no results, New Jersey Attorney “Mitchell Kastner”.

Second, was the fact we both had the same Union Arbitrator Joseph Cannavo make a final decision on our cases.

The third fact was when Pat informed me that she had smoking gun evidence that “Joseph Cannavo” has been suspended by several state Bar Associations.

Pat went on to state she felt the current system had failed and was completely corrupt.

The master plan is to target employees for reduction in force.

Institutional Injustice

Union collusion between management is just one of the weapons employed by management against employees on the job.

Employee Assistance Program (EAP) is another weapon used to create a paper trail to reduction in force. The agency “Misinformation Process” paper trail starting from A-Z is another weapon in the arsenal of injustice.

Wake up!

The moral of this story is subterfuge is no longer an option, because there is no protection to defend yourself against injustice when the government goes postal on a love one, family member or you!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

May 25, 2010
To Any Reasonable Audience,
“Discrimination includes firing or refusing to hire or promote an individual because of diabetes, and also includes failing to make reasonable accommodations for an individual’s diabetes.”
It sounds pretty simple, right?
Wrong. Unfortunately I’ve learned over the past year-and-a-half that it’s not nearly that simple if you are employed by the United States Postal Service. My name is Regina DeSarle. I’m a 26 year old Human Resources Professional and the proud daughter of John DeSarle. If you are reading this letter, you already know that my father has been a loyal employee of the Post Office for 32 years. What you don’t know is that the disrespect and thanklessness of the Post Office’s actions have demoralized a resilient man.
For as far back as I can remember my dad has been the type of person who can crack one joke and make you laugh for a week. Also for as long as I can remember, my dad has been the dad with diabetes; the dad who never missed a game, but had to stick himself with insulin when he got home from those games. Dad’s diabetes has always been a part of our lives. Dad can’t eat pie on Thanksgiving or drink a few beers at the tailgate without feeling sick the next day. These slight alterations to “normal life” never affected his quality of life or his happiness. Did he not enjoy Thanksgiving? HECK yeah he enjoyed Thanksgiving! He just needed to do it a little different than everyone else.
When the Post Office decided to weather the recession by switching hundreds of loyal employees to “off-shifts”, my dad asked to be considered a little differently than everyone else. He requested to remain on days, due to his disease and the negative effects an off-shift schedule can have on his body. His request has been perpetually denied, going against legal statute and common sense.
There is something my father prides himself in and it’s something that he’s taught both me and my brother: WORK ETHIC. Don’t quit, don’t cheat, and don’t let your team down. It is obvious now that his 32 years of hard work is worth nothing in the eyes of the United States Postal Service. I went home a few weeks ago and had an honest conversation with my father about what he’s going through. He said “Regina, I’m just not happy anywhere anymore. It’s all I can think about. Why are they doing this to me??”
My father is my role model. His personality, character, and integrity are pillars of what I strive to achieve in my own life. This man who has given me everything to look up to is being chipped away piece by piece by his employer. Someone in that organization needs to stand up, recognize, and take ownership for the injustice that has and is occurring so blatantly. I want my father back.
Sincerely,

Regina DeSarle